You are cordially invited to join the Arizona STEM Network as a STEM Advocate
As a professional, you know how important it is to educate students in STEM fields
How Does the Program Work?
- The STEM Advocates program makes it easy for volunteers to get involved with schools.
- We facilitate time saving matches between businesses and schools or non-profits with proven education programs.
- Whether your goal is to advance project-based STEM learning, provide real world professional development activities for teachers, or match students with internships, we can help you find the right partner.
- You will also have access to an online partner network to share your experiences and learn from others.
- Through our partnership with the national CEO-led initiative Change the Equation, the educational programs we support have demonstrated a strong return on investment.
What Are the Outcomes?
- Science Foundation Arizona uses a robust evaluation process to ensure business engagement is making a real and sustainable difference in student achievement.
- Students understand the applications of math and science, learn valuable workplace skills, and gain insight into new career opportunities.
- Teachers advance their knowledge of STEM content and its career applications.
- Businesses contribute directly to advancing the workforce in Arizona by helping to build a talent pipeline.
- The Arizona STEM Network also provides an opportunity for recognition of STEM Advocates via the Science Foundation Arizona’s website, social media, showcasing at conferences and sharing successes with our Network members.