Helios STEM School Pilot
Science Foundation Arizona (SFAz) and the Arizona STEM Network congratulate the seven schools and districts selected as pilot sites for the Helios STEM School Pilot Program. They are part of a strategic partnership and investment by Helios and SFAz to help the Arizona STEM Network develop a coordinated and effective STEM education system that provides the infrastructure, resources and metrics needed to improve educational outcomes and achieve collective impact for Arizona students.
The seven sites will receive a total of $1.85 million in financial and technical support to implement STEM programs and activities during the next three years. This follows a competitive request for proposals (RFP) in September 2012, and the recipients were chosen in April 2013 from a statewide pool of 57 applicants.
The selected sites include schools and districts in Maricopa, Coconino, Yavapai, Pima and Yuma counties. They include:
- Alhambra Elementary School District (K-8)
- Altar Valley School District (K-8)
- Bagdad Unified School District (K-12)
- Congress Elementary School District (K-8)
- Salt River Elementary School, Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (K-6)
- W.F. Killip Elementary School, Flagstaff (PK-5)
- Yuma Elementary School District 1 (K-8)