2014 Bisgrove Scholar Program RFP
The future of Arizona is linked to the creativity and competitiveness of highly imaginative researchers in science and engineering. They must be innovative and creative, bold and entrepreneurial, and capable of scholarship that will be recognized as world class. Science Foundation Arizona (SFAz) will continue the Bisgrove Scholar Program for recruitment, retention, and mentoring of top tier post-doctoral and early tenure track scientists and engineers to Arizona. This Program aspires to become nationally recognized in its ability to empower outstanding young scholars with the independence needed to contribute new knowledge through scholarship and service.
For additional information about this RFP and application, please download the information packet and application.
Application Criteria and Process
Grants are funded on a competitive basis and judged by global experts. The evaluation and selection process is governed by Requests For Proposals (RFP).
Criteria used to evaluate proposals includes: quality of the proposal; quality and merit of the principal investigator(s)’s track record(s); strategic value and competitive advantage for Arizona.
We minimize risk and maximize return on investment through:
- A Transparent Process: Operations are fully transparent with performance metrics being well-defined and reported on an annual basis. In addition to annual reports, Science Foundation Arizona submits financial and program reports. In the event a grant recipient fails to achieve or perform, Science Foundation Arizona terminates funding.
- Commitment to Excellence: Science Foundation Arizona is committed to funding only those proposals that pass the rigorous scrutiny of national and international standards such as those used by federal agencies like the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health and other grant-making institutions.
- Expert, Independent Review: Proposals undergo multiple reviews by experts in science, engineering, innovation and business. Technical reviews are provided by external peer review experts to avoid any conflicts of interest.
- Performance Metrics: All SFAz investments track specific performance metrics, and return on investment expectations will be supported by established national and regional measurements provided by an independent economic study.
Reporting Templates & Policies
Please consult your award letter for payment and reporting schedules in addition to other post award requirements.
Budget of Record Template
Budget of Record Template (without institutional allowance)
Milestones Report Template
Expenditure Report Template
Strategic Research Groups Program Industry Cost Share Guidelines
Grant Policies and Guidelines
Terms and Conditions
Annual Review Documents and Templates
Principal Investigator To-Do’s
- Link to SFAz high resolution logo for your website
- Please put a link on your website to the SFAz website at www.sfaz.org
- Please acknowledge SFAz in your relevant publications per the Terms and Conditions
- Ensure you complete Award Requirements document included below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org