Public Relations and Promotions Specialist
Science Foundation Arizona (SFAz) is recruiting a Public Relations & Promotions Specialist to work directly with the Senior Management team in developing and implementing strategies and techniques to increase community exposure and public awareness of SFAz and its research and education-based initiatives. SFAz is a non-profit public / private partnership established to make strategic investments in research, education, and innovation to strengthen Arizona’s science, engineering and medical infrastructures. The Foundation’s goal is to leverage its resources for maximum achievement and to gain global recognition for Arizona’s academic, industry, and government collaborations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Communications or other fields associated with Public Relations from a four year college or university is required including a minimum of 5-years related experience and/or training OR an equivalent combination of training, education and experience. The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in media relations with an established contact list in Arizona and ability to strategically deploy PR using these strong relationships
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work closely with other SFAz staff
- Belief in the mission of SFAz and a constant positive outlook focused on the knowledge that SFAz will succeed in making Arizona a better place to live.
Include but are not limited to: Health; Dental; Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment; Short/Long Term Disability Coverage; 401(k) Retirement; Vacation; Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Steps to upload your documents are as follows:
- Ensure that all documents have your name & position in the file name (e.g.MarketingSpecialist-Resume-KathyMorgan.pdf).
- Go to this link to upload your documents: http://files.sfaz.org:8888/Login.
- Enter “applicationdropbox” for the username and leave the password field blank. Click “Log In.”
- Select the number of files you are uploading, choose the files, and click “Begin Upload.”
- When the upload finishes, click “Logout.” This completes the job interest submission process.
Review of applications will begin on May 18th and the position will remain open until filled.
Science Foundation Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other protected status. Science Foundation Arizona will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters.
*Please note, SFAz complies with E-Verify